The American Audio Genie 2 is a practical analog-to-digital converter that allows anyone to easily digitise and archive their vinyl and tape collections on a computer.
The device works with phono and line devices via switchable RCA input. This way, you can record, from all kinds of record players, tape decks and dictation devices.
The converter device harmonises perfectly with almost all audio-recording programs and works with both Windows PCs and MAC computers, which are both conveniently connected via plug and play.
Additionally, the analog-to-digital converter can be used as an external sound card, which passes on the audio signal via an RCA line output to a mixer, amplifier or other compatible device.
- Option to connect to Windows PC and MAC computer - compatible wit most audio-recording programs
- Suitable for line and phono devices
- Very easy to operate
- Connectors: 1 x stereo RCA line input (switchable between line and phono), 1 x stereo RCA line output, 1 x USB interface
- Power supply via USB
- 16 bit/48 kHz AD/DA converter
- Adjustable gain
- System requirements for Windows PC: operating system Windows 98 or higher, Pentium II processor 233 MHz (up to Windows 2000), Pentium II processor 400 MHz (Windows 2000 and higher), 64 MB memory, 20 MB free disk space, graphics card: 800x600 or higher, 65,536 colours (16-bit high colour) or higher
- System requirements for MAC computer: operating system MAC OS9.0.4 or higher - MAX OSX, APPLE Macintosh Series with on-board USB, PowerPC G3/300 MHz or higher, 96 MB RAM, 120 MB free disk space, graphics card: 800X600 or higher
- Phono frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- Line frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-2 dB)
- Phono distortion factor: < 0.08% @ 1 kHz
- Line distortion factor: < 0.05% @ 1 kHz
- Line signal-to-noise ratio: < 70 dB
- Phono signal-to-noise ratio: < 75 dB
- Phono/line channel separation: < 70 dB
- Phono input sensitivity Phono: 47 K ohms /19 mV +0/-3 dB
- Line input sensitivity: 10 K ohms /800 mV +1/-2 dB
- Max. phono input: 19 mV 1 KHz
- 1 x converter
- Please note that you will require audio-recording software to use the analog-to-digital converter. You can find a suitable software solution here.
- 9 x 12 x 3 cm
- Weight: approx. 0.14 kg